Friday, August 8, 2008

Anthropologist (cont'd)

Bepergian opened his eyes. He felt as if someone had hit him in the head with a club. He was lying facedown in grass. Tall grass. He turned his head to the left and then right, slowly as pain throbbed in his skull at each movement. He closed his eyes and listened for a moment. He heard a breeze sweep through the grass above his head. To his left he could hear running water, about the size of a creek. The only sound he could not immediately identify was a ticking sound next to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to have comments and critiques.
However, please beware that I moderate all comments before they are published and will not allow political posts, racial or prejudicial posts of any kind, nor will I allow mean spirited posts.

The Most Recent Post

  I've been writing! And Creating! And taking pictures!  Yes, I have been busy. In an effort to keep my writing moving forward and inter...